Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat

Sorry I skipped a day. Yesterday I was too buys hugging Mom to type. She came home early from Lost Wages because she missed me. And, well, I missed her too.

So, today was the real actual Halloween. It was more of a treat than a trick for me. First of all, I got to sleep in. Dad had an early meeting so he left the house before I got up and Mom came in around 8am to get me out of bed. It was cool having some time with Mom after not seeing her for a couple of days. She dressed me in my striped Halloween kitty shirt and my sparkly striped pants with pumpkin buttons. I looked very festive.

After a tasty breakfast of banana and Cheerios, Mom drove me to school. When we got there, I didn't really want to get out of the car. But Mom promised that it would be fun. So, I let her put my shoes on and she carried me to the door. Then I wanted to walk in on my own and carry my lunch box. I was excited about my lunch because it had chicken nuggets in it. Not the kind from that gross place with the arches, but the kind Dad got for me. Yum.

On our way to room 5 I stopped to wave to my friends in room 1 and R had on the same shirt as me! How cool is that? We walked down to room 5 and Mom signed me in and then walked me out to see my friends. I was having such a nice time with Mom that I didn't want her to leave. But D and J promised it would be OK, so I let her go. Before she left she told me that Dad was going to pick me up early so we could go see my friend L and go do something called trick or treat. Sounded good to me, so I was pretty excited.

Just as promised, Dad showed up around 4 and brought me home where Mom had made yummy chili and corn bread with sweet honey butter. I wanted to eat lots of bread. After dinner, we loaded up and went to Studio City to L & C's house. It was really neat. C loves holidays and she goes all out. There were colorful bags with faces cut out all along the driveway and a jack-o-lantern on the porch. L was dressed as a race car crew guy and C was dressed as a nurse. She looked pretty. After snacking on some more chicken nuggets and grapes, C gave me a glow in the dark necklace and we went outside. I wasn't sure what was happening, but L was doing it and he always does fun things, so I followed along. Now, here's the crazy part. Because it is Halloween, I could just walk up to someone's door and say "trick or treat" and they will hand me some candy. WHAT? This is the coolest day ever. Now, I am supposed to wear a costume, like my giraffe costume, but I didn't feel like it. But people didn't care. They gave me candy anyway. How cool is that.

After stopping at a few houses I was getting tired so Mom and Dad walked with me back to C's house and we said goodnight and went home. I got to play with my glow in the dark necklace the whole way home. It was so fun.

So, at the end of the day, I have to say, I LOVE HALLOWEEN.

No comments: