Friday, October 3, 2008

Farewell Room 1, We Hardly Knew Ye

So after one year and two days, I said good-bye to Room 0/1. Starting Monday I'm going to walk right past these doors and march to Room 5 and start my new journey with my new friends (which, like I mentioned before, are really my old friends who just moved up before me.) This is a picture of me going into Room 1 for the last time:

Sure, I'm going to miss Room 0/1 and the babies and everyone but we do lots of fun things in Room 5, like dancing and painting and solving puzzles. We also spend an awful lot of time outdoors riding trikes and playing in the sandbox and I love all these things. My mom and my dad tell me that these things help me learn and grow but to me they're just fun!

To be honest, I'm going to have to get used to some new things, most particularly not using a bib. I'm not saying I'm a slob but I do kind of like the safety net of a bib. See that Rolling Stones t-shirt I'm wearing in this picture? Pretty cool right? Well, after lunch it was reduced to a crumpled, yogurt encrusted wad because I apparently I have some trouble navigating my spoon from the cup to my mouth. But that's okay, I'll get used to it. I had to change into a tank top and even though it turned out to be a little chilly today I was just fine because I was running all over the place all afternoon. I think all the running around energises me because I just want to go go go when it's time for bed. But once my head hits that pillow in my crib, I'm out.

Bye bye, Room 0/1. I'll miss you.

No comments: