Sunday, October 5, 2008

PUMPKIN PATCH!

Oh YEAH!

I was feeling a lot better today. My fever went away and I was in a pretty good mood. I am beginning to notice that when I am in a good mood, so is my mom and dad. Today, Mom got me out of bed and got me all dressed while dad slept in. We were being nice to him because he was so nice to us yesterday when we weren't feeling so good. It turns out Mom was feeling a little yucky yesterday too. She went to bed right after she put me to bed last night.

So, Mom and I went downstairs and she made me a nice bowl of mush and a glass of milk. It's what I asked for, but as it turns out, I wasn't really all that hungry. I only ate a little of it. Mom was worried maybe I was still a little sick, but I didn't have a temperature. Dad got up and he said I was OK. Then we went upstairs and colored with the new crayons my mom MADE me. That's right, my mom made me some crayons. They are big and chunky and round like hockey pucks. Mom made them by crumbling up regular crayons into a muffin tin and putting them in the oven on 250 degrees until the crayons melt. Then she let them cools and dumps them out onto a piece of wax paper. They are really cool and perfect for my tiny hands.

After we colored, mom and me rolled around on the floor and played with blocks. We laughed and laughed and laughed and I didn't think it was possible to have more fun. I was wrong. Dad came downstairs and said, "let's go." We all went downstairs and Dad let me pick which car we would take. I picked "this car" which was the car in the garage. We all piled in and Dad drove through the park and then to a place I never knew existed. It's called Tapia Brothers Pumpkin Patch and it was totally cool. They have tons of pumpkins and funny corn and a big shoe and animals. I saw bunnies and goats and chickens and roosters and a big turkey and a cow and 2 miniature horses.

Dad and I sat in a big wagon that looks like the box that animal crackers come in.


And mom and I stuck our heads in a board with holes in it while Dad took our pictures.


When it was time to go, I got a little grumpy. I mean, come on, who wants to leave the pumpkin patch? Right?

After that we went to Trader Joe's. On the way home we passed a park that I hadn't noticed before. Mom said that if I was good, maybe we'd come back there later. I guess I was good because after my nap, we loaded up in the other car and went to that park. Mom said it's her new favorite. I liked it a lot. I climber the chain ladder and the yellow ladder and slid down the big slide. The structure had a sticker on it that said it was safe for kids between the ages of 2 and 5. Technically, I am not 2 yet. But I tore that place up. I might as well be 2 1/2 for the way I played on that thing. While I was playing I heard another kid's mom say it was time to have birthday cake. Can you believe my luck? Well, don't believe it. It wasn't my birthday party, so I didn't get to have any cake. But Mom said that I'd get to have cake next Sunday when we have my birthday party. That's gonna be so cool!

Tonight, mom had to make me a new pillow for school so Dad read my stories and sang my songs and tucked me in. It's the first time he's done it in a week or so and he didn't know I had a new routine. Now, I like to stand up on the chair and give kisses when the songs are playing. It makes Mom and Dad laugh and smile. I like to make them smile. They make me smile all the time.

Oh, by the way. Dad said the Dodgers won. So, now they go on to play some more games and, if they keep winning, they will go to the SUPER BOWL. No wait, that's the Buffalo Bills. The Dodgers are gonna go to the WORLD SERIES. That will be really cool.

No comments: