Thursday, October 23, 2008

Morning Time Blues

I don't know what it is.

I get a good night sleep. The room is nice and dark and quiet and the fan is humming nicely in the background. I have my baby dolls in the crib with me and I know that mom and dad are only downstairs so my sleeping is just fine.

But something gets to me when it's time to get out of bed and get dressed and get the show in the road. Maybe I like the coziness of my crib too much or maybe I just need more than 11 hours of sleep a night but I need to figure it out. I don't think I can keep on fighting with my mom and dad every morning, insisting that I keep m blankie and stay upstairs and keep my jammies on instead of going downstairs and eating my breakfast and going to school. I really need to figure out where this is coming from because it's totally not cool.

The weird thing it, once I'm out the door and we're on our way, everything is fine. This morning I was really upset because my waffle had fallen apart even though it was me who had jammed it into daddy's back, but when I saw that the construction site next door had a big truck hauling away the trash bin, I was fascinated. I sat there and watching the truck and it was great.

When I got to school everything was just the way it always is. E. was there with his little pig E.L. and I said hi to both and we went down to Room 5 (we were running late because there was a big fire at the Sepulveda Pass, right by the Getty Center so the freeways were jammed!) Dad and I put my lunch away and signed me in and then went outside where J. and everyone else was. Dad and I played with some of the balls for a couple of minutes but then he said that he had to go and that sort of made me sad and I cried for a little bit but I got over it in no time.

The day went pretty well.

I made a paper crown that I loved and wore around until it kept falling into my eyes so much that it was interfering with my fun so I put it away and I ate my lunch but it turns out I was still hungry (luckily they had an apple there for me.)

After nap we went outside and I played on the structure and I danced with J. and I colored with L. and before I knew it, dad was there to get me. I was wearing my Elmo shirt because my other one got wet from the drinking fountain (which I LOVE).

As we walked past Room 0/1 I saw my goo friend A. and her mom and dad said we could wait for them and I we did and A. and I ran outside together and we ran down the sidewalk and around the corner together and we hid until our parents found us and it was fun and we laughed and everything was great.

I gave A. a big hug goodbye and dad strapped me in to the cat seat ad we drove home and I had dinner of some yummy pasta. peas and carrots and then some grapes for dessert.

After dinner dad and I went upstairs and I took a bath and right after mom called and I got to say good night and she told me that she would be home tonight (she was currently in Albuquerque, wherever that is).

I'm pretty excited about seeing mom again. I really miss her and love her.

And I'm going to try and be good tomorrow morning.

No comments: