Wednesday, October 8, 2008

On The Mend

So today was a brand new day. I still wasn't allowed to go to school so mom and day split up the day with mom taking the morning shift. She got me up and dressed and we had a banana for breakfast (which I tried to dip in my milk like a cookie but mom said no dice to that) and then we drew and colored for a little bit and mom drew a giraffe. It was really good. It had spots and everything.

Next thing I knew mom was trying to get my shoes on and get me in the car and I really REALLY didn't want to go anywhere but she was pretty adamant but so was I so I kicked and cried until she just put me in the car shoeless which wasn't all that great. But we drove over to her doctor (I guess she had an appointment) and there was dad and he hopped into the driver's seat and we went over to a park where I got to go down a twisty slide and then eat my lunch (a soy nut butter and jelly sandwich and some tomatoes and cheese. Pretty tasty.) After a little bit mom showed up and dad left and we played some more and then ended up going home for nap.

When I woke up, guess who was there - dad! Pretty crazy. Every time I turn around there was a different parent there to look out for me. It's like they had this planned or something.

So dad got me up and he changed my diaper and we colored for a little bit (I pointed out mom's giraffe. Like I said, it's really good) and then we went downstairs. I asked to watch the Wiggles but he said no let's eat a snack so I got into my chair and he gave me a whole red plum to eat. Now I know I had McDonalds yesterday and that was good and all but nothing tops a fresh piece of fruit that's not cut up into little bits. I got to hold the plum and eat all on my own and I took the hugest bites I could because it was so delicious.

When I was done I figured I ask to watch the Wiggles again but dad said no, let's go to the park so he packed me into the car and we went to that new park mom and dad seem to like so well. It was pretty hot out so there was only a couple of kids there and I went down the slide and after a little bit guess who shows up - mom! I finally had them both together and it was fun.

The fun had to be put on hold for a couple of minutes, though, when after my parents strapped me my car seat and closed the doors they realized that the keys were locked in there with me. Yikes! Luckily I had a sippy cup of water and mom and dad called 911 and the fire department showed up like three minutes later. I was hoping they'd have to bust through a window or something dramatic like that but they had this inflatable bladder type thing that they wedged in between the door and the car frame and when they pumped it up it forced the door open. And once the door was open they put a big hook in there and unlocked the door. I was free lickity split. But to be honest I was a little worried only because I was inside and mom and dad where outside and they seemed pretty worried.

My parents told me that I could have whatever I wanted for dinner so I said "Nocci Nocci and peas: which means gnocchi and peas and that's exactly what I got. It was delicious.

Well, after bath and stories I'm going to bed and then I'm back to Room 5 tomorrow. It's been a crazy couple of days but it will be nice to see my friends again. I feel great and my rash is just about gone so hopefully life will back to normal come tomorrow.

No comments: