Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Parade Route

So today was the big day. Today was going to be the day I dressed up as a giraffe and marched in my school parade. I was a little unsure of the whole thing but we got off to a pretty good start.

Dad got me up and dressed in my black tights that have little orange pumpkins at the ankles and I had a good breakfast of a banana and some milk and I even had a little tiny piece of waffle. When it was time to go dad asked me what I wanted to dress up as for the parade and I shouted, "Giraffe!" so he put my giraffe costume in a paper bag and wrote my name on it (I thought he was just coloring to have fun and I couldn't figure out why he wouldn't let me have my turn. But he convinced me that I would have plenty of time for coloring once I got to school.)

On the drive in we called mom to say good morning and then we listened to NPR and then we got to school. Dad dropped me off and said that he would be back in a little bit and before I knew it it was time to put on our costumes.

Now, mom and dad have been trying for weeks to get me to wear my giraffe costume at home and on two occasions I have. But for the most part, I wouldn't wear it. But when I saw all of my friends putting on their costumes I wanted to wear mine too. So I did.

Dad showed up and then we had our parade which was really just us walking around the climbing structure two times while the pre-school kids cheered and then we went over to the tree house area and had our snacks and then we could do whatever we wanted. I played with the play-doh for a little while and then I put stickers on a paper pumpkin (good thing mom wasn't there for that! She hates stickers!)

This is me heading back to the play-doh:


When it came time for dad to go I got pretty sad and I cried but my teacher J. was there and she helped me out and I was okay after a couple of minutes. Plus it was getting to be pretty hot and I was able to take off my costume. I liked it and all but I was starting to sweat.

The rest of the day went pretty much as usual and dad laid down with me at bed time to sing songs and look up at the stars and that was nice. It's a different routine but I'm still pretty tired at night and when it's time for bed it's time for bed.

Oh, and two other things; one, I got this scratch on my arm that no one seems to know how I got (and I'm not telling) and two, I bit a friend of mine today. It's not a big deal everyone keeps telling me but still. It's something that I did and I need to own up to it.

1 comment:

Monkey Goddess said...

Tess,
I would like to see more pictures of you in your costume.

Does your Dad have them on Facebook maybe?
Hmmm...