Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Days

I guess you could say that today was a pretty typical Thursday. The day got off to a pretty good start, my dad came in and got me and I showed him how I can jump in the crib ("Stop!" he kept saying but I paid him no heed.) And then he dressed me in my green checked shirt and while I was looking at the picture of Pooh Bear that hangs over my changing table and pulled up my pants my mom walked it. So everyone was there and I was in a pretty good mood.

Dad took me into school and I painted with hot water and really cold water (I liked the cold water the best) and I went down the curvy slide like a million times and before I knew it it was lunch time and I was SUPER hungry and ate everything up and then it was nap time. I like napping on the floor and in fact now I like lying on the floor at bedtime almost more than I like sitting in mommy or daddy's lap.

The rest of the afternoon was great and when I was playing in the sandbox with my new teacher J. I looked up and there was dad waiting for me with open arms. When I tried to climb out of the sandbox I took a header and I started to cry and I wanted a boo boo bear but a couple of hugs cleared things up.

Dad took me home and he told me that we would have dinner first (and I demanded mac and cheese! Another night in a row!) and then we would have a bath and then we'd change into jammies and then it would be time for bed.

And it turns out he was right. That's exactly what we did; dinner, bath, jammies and then night night. right around the time dad was putting my jammies on I decided that I wanted mommy to snuggle me for bedtime but dad told me that mom was out buying me pants and that it was dad's turn (I can't wait to see what she got me. Something cool, I'm sure.)

So all in all, a pretty good day. Dad's okay and all but I think I still might prefer my mommy for night night snuggling.

No comments: