Thursday, October 9, 2008

Back to Normal?

So after the close call with Hand, Foot and Mouth disease and after being locked inside the car in summer valley heat only to be freed by the LAFD, I got to go back to school today. Because of Yom Kippur there weren't as many kids but that was okay. When I got there E. the security guard went back to his car and brought out his little plastic pig and let me look at her (I even gave her a kiss on the snout!) and then dad brought me inside and we looked at the fish (the center director has a fish mobile hanging in this window office. We walk past this every morning. - e.d.)

I was pretty brave and walked past Room 1 without crying but instead waved to M. who was feeling baby M. They waved back and I kept right on going.

The rest of the day is a blur of activity. I painted with a roller, I drank from the water fountains (which is my new favorite thing to do) and I played in the sandboxes. I even slept really well. Who knew sleeping on the floor could be so much fun. And so comfortable.

Before I knew it, dad was there picking me up and we came home and had a TexMex dinner of taquitos and avocado and some peas. When I was done, mom came through the front door and I ran up and hugged her and said, "Hi mom!" Then it was up for bath and jammies and tooth brushing and then books and finally songs.

I sure am glad to be back in the swing of things!

No comments: