Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Giraffe!!!

That's what I'm going to be for Halloween tomorrow!

Mom bought me this pretty cool giraffe costume a while back and it's been downstairs in my little green chair since then and I've seen it and even tried in on a few times but I've always been a little wary of it for some reason. But tomorrow's the big at school and I have to wear a costume because everyone else will be so I think I'm getting pretty excited to be a giraffe. When dad told me to tell J. what I was going to be I yelled, "Giraffe!" so I think it's going to be fun.

Last year, when I was in Room 0/1, we went to the studio lot and did a little tour. I wasn't even walking then if you can believe it so I had to be pushed in a stroller the entire time. I was dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood for that party although I vaguely remember not wanting to wear the hood. But I was just a baby then.

This year we're going to stay at the school and have a little parade and eat a snack outside and all the parents are welcome. Dad told me that he might show up but I know that mom won't be there because she's in Las Vegas. Even dad night not show up because when he shows up I think it's time to go home and that might just be more upsetting than anything. But I am looking forward to the parade. That sounds like fun.

Overall, today was a pretty good day. I'm having trouble letting anyone clip my fingernails but I'm working on that but the morning and drive in was pretty good. I was a little sad at first but dad talked to me and then I realized I wanted my banana and milk and all was well.

At school we carved a pumpkin which technically turned it into a jack-o-lantern. It was a tiger! I had a good lunch of whole wheat pasta and chicken and some low fat cottage cheese and broccoli and grapes.

Did I mention I love grapes? I sure do. Man, I love grapes.

Dad came and got me and the evening went really well, I ate my dinner (with grapes for dessert!) and I took a bubble bath and dad put lotion on me and tickled me up around my neck like I like so much and then we called mom to say good night. She was pretty busy but I was in no rush so when dad hung up the phone I got really upset. I wanted to talk to mom so dad let me lie on the floor and cry for a minute before he came over and laid down next to me and asked me what I was going to be for Halloween tomorrow and I said, "Giraffe." And we got to talking about that and then we talked about our trip to Disneyland and how much fun we had and how Goofy played peek-a-boo with me and how that made me laugh and dad promised to take me there again some day.

And so there we were. Dad and me, lying on the floor of my bedroom in the dark, looking up at the stars, talking about the good times we've had.

I think I'll get a good night sleep after all.

1 comment:

Kelvis said...

Oh, Pumpkin, I feel a bit like lying on the floor and crying myself. I miss you so much and I am so sorry I won't be there tomorrow to see you in the parade. I don't know what else to say but I am sorry. I really thought the party was on Friday and now here I am out of town working. This isn't fair to you. You deserve better. I hope you will be able to forgive me.