Monday, October 6, 2008

Hellllloooooo Room 5

So today was my first full day in Room 5, from walking in the front door first thing in the morning to when dad picked me up that night (not to get ahead of myself, but below is a picture of me running to greet him. The teachers always tell me, "Dad's coming back" and they're always right!)


Anyway, we got off to a shaky start because I had to walk right past Room 0/1 and I could see my friends in there and so I got a little confused as to where we were going and the next thing I knew we were in Room 5 and man is that place busy. The kids are all a little bit older and there's more of them and there are no babies anywhere! I'm so used to little Baby M and little Baby K that it was a little weird to be in a room with kids that, for the most part, are running in to use the potty. Definitely no bottles anywhere. So all of this got me kind of weirded out and I won't lie - I cried and I did NOT want dad to leave. But he told me that he would be back and, as we established earlier, that's always true.

After he left I had to kind of get my bearings but once I did I was off and running. I learned about how exercise and brushing your teeth and resting helps build a healthy body and I read some books and I even painted a blue quilt with a roller ball (and in case you don't know my mother, she's quite the accomplished quilter. She even made the blanket and pillow case I use at school.) A couple of times during the day I found myself getting little whiny but my new teacher J. would talk to me about my feelings and before I knew it I was happy again.

At lunch I ate my mac and cheese and my peas but I didn't really want my pears or yogurt and my teacher J. explained that I might be hungry later if I didn't eat. I wasn't hungry though so it all went back into my lunch box and back home with me. I'm sure I'll see those pears and that yogurt again at some point.

Today was also my first day sleeping in Room 5 on the floor and it turned out pretty well. Maybe it was all the activity or maybe it was the indoor camping but I zonked out for an hour and a half. I guess I needed it.

Before I knew it, dad was there to get me (see above picture.) All in all, it turned out to be a pretty good day. I'm kind of looking forward to tomorrow.

On a non-school related note (and it seems like all I ever talk about is school) I just thought I'd let you know that I've got this gnarly rash going on. It started out as a diaper rash, which I'm kind of used to, but now it's spread to my forearms and hands and my knees and shins. It's this weird raised bumpy rash almost like little pimples. It hasn't really been bothering me but it doesn't look all that great. Hopefully it will go away in the next day or two or I just might need a trip to the doctor.

No comments: