Friday, October 17, 2008

Doctor's Visit

We talked about it.

We talked about it plenty.

In fact, J. at school kept bringing it up all morning so I knew exactly what was coming.

Dad showed up right when were about to go inside and eat our lunches and he told me to grab my lunch box and go with him so that's what I did. He kept saying that we were going to see Dr. M. but I kept asking for Dr. W. (whose name is way more fun to say).

So we drove back to the doctor's office and they took us in right away and the nurse had me stand on one of those scales where they measure your weight with, well, the weights. And then I had to stand nice and tall against the wall and she measured my height with this big stick that she rested on top of my head.

After all that we went into room 12 and right when dad was about the change my diaper (I had to do a little number 2, if you know what I mean) mom showed up. Huzzah!

After a few minutes Dr. M. came in and she asked me all kinds of questions and I was a little shy at first but I wanted to show off everything so I demonstrated how I could jump and count and identify colors and all kinds of other thing.

Dr. M. looked in my ears and she listened to my heart and she listened to my lungs and I didn't mind at all. If fact, I was pretty excited to just run around even though the doctor was trying to explain to mom and dad all kinds of things (and out of the corner of my ear I heard something about how I had gained a little more weight than she had expected but I'm sure that's nothing).

Once Dr. M. left the nurse came back in and she she said that mom and me had to get shots (for some reason, dad got a pass. I'm getting my flu shot at work. e.g.) Mom said that she'd go first and I watched and it didn't look so bad so I was good and brave and let the nurse stick the needle in my arm.

And it hurt like a MUTHER*&%$ER

I cried and I cried and I didn't want the shiny band aid but mom held me and after a few minutes it didn't hurt so bad. We went out side and had our picnic, like we talked about, and then dad took me back to school where J. took me and put me on my mat for my nap. She laid next to me and talked to me until I just dropped off to sleep. And it was a good sleep.

The rest of the day went pretty well and when I was helping put away the cars and trucks in the sandbox dad showed up to get me. We went home and I had some ham and broccoli for dinner and then mom came home and she snuggled me or bedtime. I'm beginning to like walking around the room instead of sitting still for stories and songs but once I'm in that crib, I'm out like a light.

Mom and dad have been telling me that tomorrow I'm going to a pumpkin patch with my friend A.

I can only hope!

No comments: