Saturday, October 4, 2008

Low Grade Fever

Yeah, you read that right. I wasn't feeling all that great today. Things got off to a pretty good start because I slept in but I was glad when dad finally came in and he got me up and changed my diaper and dressed me in some jeans and a nice flowered shirt. When we got downstairs mom was already there making some oatmeal (which is exactly what I wanted for breakfast) so I ate that and a banana and so everything seemed okay.

But when mom and dad told me that we had to run some errands and that I had to wear a jacket to go outside, I did not want any part of that. No matter how many times they explained that it was cold out and was even raining I did NOT want to put on that jacket. But, as happens so many times, they forced it on me but I let them know I was not happy at all about it. I was feeling really warm without it so I don't know why they made me wear it.

We ended up going to an arts and crafts store where I saw lots of Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations and it was really neat. I had a pretty good time watching the motion activated monsters do their songs and dances.

For lunch we went to Millies, this restaurant right by where we live, and I had chicken nuggets that were shaped like dinosaurs. My mom kept feeling my forehead and saying that I felt hot and even though I knew something wasn't quite right, I was enjoying my milk and even stealing some french fries off of my dad's plate.

Once we got home, I knew it was time for nap but I wasn't really in the mood and when my dad took me upstairs I had pretty much made up my mind that I did not want him changing my diaper and I let him know.

Boy howdy, did I let him know.

But, like I said earlier, mom and dad always seem to get their way in these situations so no matter how much I kicked my legs and cried and screamed for mom, dad got me changed and ready for nap. Mom held me and rocked me for nap and she could tell that I was warm and not feeling all that great.

I went down for my nap and before I knew it, dad was opening the door and picking me up. We sat in the chair and he help the thermometer under my arm and when it beeped he looked at it and said,

"99.7. Let's try it again."

So he held it under my arm and he hugged me and we rocked and when the thermometer beeped he looked at it and said,

"99.5. Looks like your mother is right. You're running a low grade fever."

We spent the rest of the afternoon indoors because it started raining again but at one point dad and I sat out on the front step and watched the rain and it was pretty cool. I liked watching the rain. I really like water.

I was still feeling kind of off for the rest of the day so mom and dad let me pick whatever I wanted to dinner so I had mac and cheese and peas (which I LOVE!) and then we went upstairs and I got ready for bed. We did everything we normally do (change into jammies, brush teeth blah blah blah) but we did one different thing and that was dad giving me a dropper full of medicine. I didn't like it at first but he told me that I had to have another so I put on my brave face and took another dropper of medicine. Hopefully I'll be back to my normal self tomorrow.

I'll let you know!

PS - my dad tells me that the Dodgers are about to sweep the Cubs but the game doesn't start until after I go to bed. If they make it to the World Series I hope he lets me stay up and watch!

No comments: