Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Whoa, Time Flies!

Okay, okay, I'm sorry I haven't posted in like three days but I will sum up my weekend's activities in two words:

Pumpkin Patch!!!

On Saturday, I had a playdate with an old friend from Room 1 so mom and dad loaded up the wagon and we drove all the way out to Moorpark to the biggest pumpkin patch/farm I've ever been to (not that I've been to that many but still.) There was so much to do. A. and I went in a train ride (twice!) and I climbed up this giant pyramid of hay bales and I saw a pig race (a pig race! Michael Jord-ham won the all around event) and I even danced to some live bluegrass courtesy of Three Foot Chicken. It was all really fun. You can check out the site here.

After lunch we went home and I took my nap but I was a little grumpy in the afternoon. Maybe it was the letdown or maybe I didn't nap long enough but I was just a little off. But I would have been fine if I knew where I was going Sunday morning:

Another Pumpkin Patch!!!

This time we went up and saw the twins and their mom and dad and then all of us walked over to the Calabasas Pumpkin Festival. This one wasn't on a farm but it was still pretty cool. It was also a lot hotter but I still got to eat some tasty pork carnitas and rice and beans and then I danced to a band playing Elvis songs (the lead singer was dressed like Elvis but I knew it wasn't him.) It got to be really hot plus it was nap time so we headed home and I rested my body.

That night my mom told me that she had to go away for a couple of days but that she loved me very much and would be back before I knew it. I was pretty sad to hear it but I know she'll be back and will snuggle me good.

Yesterday was the first day of just dad and me and it went pretty well. I was okay all day but that night I really wished mom was there and I got sad. I almost missed my chance to have dinner but dad eventually convinced me to eat something and I had some tomatoes and half an apple. It was really good and I felt a lot better after.

This morning when I woke up I didn't want to get out of bed but dad made me (he makes me do lots of things I don't feel like doing!) but I'm glad he did because I got to go to Room 5 and see my friends. I especially like grabbing a book off the shelf, climbing the little stairs to the loft and reading up there. It's nice and cozy.

The day went really well. We're learning about the Hindu holiday Diwali and that's pretty cool and all but the best part of the day is when dad shows up again just like he promises.

I was in a pretty good mood and dad opened the car window for the drive and when we got home he let me watch the Wiggles while he made dinner and then I had some chicken and broccoli and avocado and then some grapes for dessert (a lot of green food as it turns out. e.g.)

After dinner but before the bath we went into dad's office and logged onto iChat where I got to see MOM! We blinked at each other for awhile and I laughed and she smiled and then dad let me sit on his desk so I could get a better view but soon it was time for bath so we had to say goodnight. But mom will only be gone for a couple of days so it will be okay.

I sure do miss her. But I'll see her soon.

1 comment:

Kelvis said...

I miss you so much my little Pumpkin! I just hate having to leave you for work. Please be a good girl and take good care of Daddy. You are so lucky to have such a great Daddy to take care of you.