Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sleeping Arangements and Book Signings

Okay, so a day slipped by me but I have a good excuse -

I started napping in Room 4!

So it may not seem like that big of a deal but I did just transition into Room 5 and after a past few weeks my teachers realized that most of my friends in Room 5 didn't nap as well as I wanted to to so they thought that they could bring me over to Room 4 for my naps. And while I thought this was a good idea and my lead teacher J. laid there with me I think I might spend the next week or so in Room 5 napping just to see how it goes. If I want Room 4 it's always available to me. I'll just have to let them know.

But that was yesterday, Friday. Today is Saturday and mom and dad let me sleep in until 8:30 and that was pretty cool but when the door opened it was

MOM!

That was great. She got me up and we went downstairs and I had a nice hard boiled egg for breakfast and after I got dressed we went to the park and I got to go down the slides. Only this time I wanted to go down face first and so I totally did it and dad was there was to catch me and it was super fun.

We had lunch at The Stand and I like it there an awful lot and I ate my fruit and about half of my hot dog and then mom and dad brought me home and put me down for my nap.

After resting my body for a couple of hours, Mom came in and she was pretty excited. She said, "who wants to go see Clare?" Now, I admit that I didn't know who Clare was, but Mom was so excited and it seemed like something really cool. So, I shouted, "ME!" But I wasn't ready to commit quite yet. First, I needed to play with some playdough. Then, Mom loaded me into the car and we drove out to a place I don't think I've ever been called Westwood. We went to a really cool Mystery Bookstore and there was a bunch of ladies sitting around a table in the middle of the store and they were all paying attention to the one lady with really pretty blue eyes. My Mom said that was her friend Clare and all of those ladies were there because Clare wrote a book and now she has a suitcase full of money. Before I met Clare I got to say hello to some other ladies that are friends of my Mom. Then, I ran around and touched lots of books and saw a baby that looked just like me in the back of a bookcase, and pull a shiny purple bat off the garland and say hi to a really big baby named Maximillion. Then, Mom bought us some books and we got to say hi to Clare. She was really nice and seemed like it would be fun to know her. Mom was happy to see her and said that Clare was one of the people that taught Mom how to make my quilty. I sure do love my quilty, so if Clare had anything to do with it, she is all right in my book.

After a while, all the ladies stood up and started to get ready to go. I ran around and Mom let me climb this really cool ladder that had wheels. Her friend was sitting in the big green chair and she made me laugh a lot. Mom said she is a very funny girl and that she also sings really good. She sang Sugar Honey with Mom and it sounded neat.

We left the bookstore after a while and went across the street to a restaurant. I at my crackers and I was still hungry. So, Mom said goodbye to all of the ladies and we walked to the car. On the way home, we listened to my new CD that goes with my new book. Mom let me listen to the Peanut Butter Jelly song over and over and over and over again.

When we got home, I played with Dad for a bit and then I ate my dinner of chicken, peas, tomatoes and hummus. I think I had a long day because I started to get kind of grumpy. And then I got really really REALLY grumpy. Mom and Dad both had to stay in my room and try to calm me down. But really, I kind of screamed until a few minutes after they put me in my crib and closed the door. It was a pretty exciting day, so I think I was just overwhelmed. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Until then, I will just let Mom and Dad have a break.

No comments: