Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Meatballs!

Okay, that's just a little joke. I personally think it's pretty hilarious to substitute random objects for real names in the "Happy Birthday" song. For example:

Happy Birthday, Fire truck!

or

Happy Birthday, this car!

Go ahead. Give it try. It's fun.

But to get back to the point - TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY! I'm officially two years old today and I couldn't feel better. Mom and dad got me up and dressed me in this cool Chinese pants suit that I really like and when I got downstairs, I had a special birthday breakfast of mush with a candle in it! I got to blow it out and it was really fun.

So after mush and a banana (I guess I was hungry) dad took me into school where I got to decorate my birthday crown using dot art. I put a few on but then I decided that was enough. You can see for yourself here:


The day was going pretty well. I had my crown, people kept wishing me a happy birthday, I was able to FINALLY play on the giant structure in the yard and no one was pushing me (which, if you haven't spent much time in a daycare, if a huge deal.) But then things got really good because I turned around and mom and dad where standing right there. In fact, things might have gotten a little too good because I wasn't sure what to do. I took my crown off to show my mother but ripped it in the process and then we had to go inside and it was potty time and things seemed to be getting a little bit away from me so I started to cry. But mom was right there with me the entire time so it turned out okay.

Especially when my birthday strawberries and cream came out:


Outstanding.

So I ate my special snack and when I was done J. told me that I had an important phone call and when she handed me the phone it was GOOFY wishing me a happy birthday. And you know how much I love Goofy! I'm a pretty lucky girl. How many kids get to have Goofy himself call and wish them a happy birthday.

But the best part was mom took me home after the party and we got to spend the rest of the afternoon together (even though at some point I had a diaper related emergency that required paper towels and Oxi-Clean.)

All in all, it was a pretty boss second birthday. I got some cool gifts, I took a bath and my dad opened the Elvis doll that baby J. gave me (even though mom said I might be a little too young for it. Am not! I'm two!)

So, a really good day. Except my dad tells me that the Dodgers bullpen let them down in the 8th inning. Tomorrow's the big game 5 so I'm wearing the Dodgers outfit that J. and D. gave me. Go Blue!

No comments: