Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hump Day

So it's the middle of the week and things seem to be going pretty well. Mom's still on her trip but I know that I'll see her in a couple of days so I'm hanging tough, not too many tears. This morning I was in a pretty good mood but I don't think I was quite ready to get out of bed because the minute dad started to change me I started to cry. I cried so much I didn't get a chance to eat my breakfast at home like I usually do. But dad was smart enough to bring a banana in the car and so once we got on the road I had something to eat (but no more milk in the car! Only water! e.g.)

On the drive in we called mom and then we called Auntie L. and that was all fun. I really like driving to school with the window down, even on the freeway. I like the wind in my face and I like waving to the buses and people outside the car. It's fun!

At school we had a pretty good day. I got to play with clay and I ate my whole lunch and I took a really good nap (I woke up for a second but my teacher J. was there and she sat with me and I fell right back to sleep, no problem.)

Before I knew it I saw dad coming to get me and I ran for him even though I'm not supposed to run away from the teachers. I can't help myself! I gave dad a hug and we walked back and said a proper good-bye to everyone and then went back to Room 5 so I could get my lunch box and dad could sign me out. We ran into J. and she was getting the late snack ready and I really wanted to stay but dad told me that we had to go home and I could have dinner which, according to him, is way better than snack.

We made it home without a problem, listening to the World Series on the radio and I had a really good dinner of some pesto chicken, tomatoes, avocado and then some grapes for dessert. I was feeling so good afterwards that I even tried on my giraffe costume and it fit perfectly. It's going to be great.

Dad and I went upstairs and we called mom on the computer and I got to see her and I told her I loved her and that I would see her in a couple of days. I missed her so much I hugged the computer and I know that it's not the same thing as hugging mom but it was as close as I was going to get tonight to I took it. I'll see her soon.

Good night! It's time to go to bed and give daddy nosey-osie-osies!

No comments: