Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend's Over

Whoops! A couple of days have gone by so I have to apologize for the missing posts. But I'll try to catch up you now.

On Friday I brought in a nice piece of broccoli for the vegetable soup and as it turns out it was really good. A lot of kids in Room 5 like broccoli and so we all ate a bunch of soup for snack and it was pretty good. The sad part is I learned that Jan. is leaving to go back to college and won't be a teacher in my room anymore. I guess that's good for her but it still makes me kind of sad.

This weekend was kind of crazy. Yesterday, Saturday, was a nice day but mom and dad kept taking about how they had to get ready for Thanksgiving and even though they had lots to do I just wanted to wanted to run and play. Eventually mom took my out the park but half way there I changed my mind and said:

BUS!

Mom was nice enough to take me on the bus up to Woodland Hills and then we turned around and came back and when we got home there was a jelly sandwich waiting for me and I ate it up good and then it was nap time. To be honest, I had a little bit of a problem with this and there were plenty of tears but I did get my sleep.

When I woke up the afternoon was pretty mellow and when it came time for dinner dad let me help him the chicken and that was really pretty cool. We stacked the charcoal and lit it on fire and then knocked it down and cleaned the grill and put the chicken down and it was pretty fun. It was super fun.

So that brings us to tonight, Sunday, and we had a pretty good morning. We ended up at the shopping mall and mom and I rode the merry-go-round. I wasn't quite ready to ride the up and down animals so mom and I just rode the carriage seat two times around. Before I knew it, it was time to go home and we had ANOTHER jelly sandwich and it was great and then I went and took a really good nap.

After I woke up and after I had my snack, mom and dad and I went to the Ralphs and we got a TOM TURKEY for Thanksgiving. I was pretty excited and I got to smell the flowers and all of that the big difference is that we've got turkey for Thanksgiving. And that's cool.

It's almost time for bed but I just have to say that the best part of this weekend was that mom and dad and I got to eat dinner together every meal all weekend.

And that makes for a pretty good weekend.

No comments: