Sunday, November 9, 2008

Grrrl Power

I am a few days behind in writing. I've just been so busy having fun that I didn't have time. So, let me quickly recap. Friday was a typical day. Fun in room 5 with my friends, dinner, stories, sleep.

Mom got me up on Saturday and we got started on quite and adventure. Mom and Dad and I took the bus to the Canoga exit and walked over to the Carters Store where Mom got me some new jammies with feet! Then we went to the bookstore and a nice lady read us some stories. I didn't know they had circle time in the book store too! Neat. From there we walked across the parking lot and got some lunch. I got chicken nuggets and mom shared some of her salad with me too. Then we rode the bus home and I took a nice nap. After nap, Mom, Dad and I went to the grocery store, but not the one we usually go to. Mom drove us to a different store. She said it was a little farther from our house, but that it was worth it because they have RACE CAR shopping carts. I got to ride in the red car with the number 32 on it. I got to drive it all through the store and then, while Dad bought the groceries, Mom took me to smell the flowers. Then we went home, ate dinner, and Mom snuggled me and put me in bed.

So, that was Saturday, or, as it shall now be known, Grrrl's Day Eve.

It seems Mom was feeling a little guilty about all the time she's had to travel and be away and she wanted to spend some extra time with me. So, she told Dad that he was off duty on Sunday and that she was going to have me all to herself. And boy did she ever. First, she got me up and helped me get dressed. Then, we went downstairs and she moved my step stool into the kitchen so I could help her make my breakfast smoothie. YUM. After breakfast I asked to watch the elephants on TV. Mom said she had some special elephants to show me. She got a new DVD from her room and put it in the machine. It was a movie about a little elephant with BIG ears called Dumbo. And, to my surprise, Dumbo's mommy in the movies sings my favorite song, "Baby Mine." Mom sings that song to me every night. She has as long as I can remember. And so, there it was on TV with an elephant singing it. So cool. I asked Mom to play it over and over and over and she said yes every time. It made her cry a little, but she said it was because she was happy, not sad. I know I was happy. After a while, Dad kissed me goodbye because he was going to play golf and Mom and me headed to the park. I got to slide on the slide a bunch of times, and then Mom laid a blanket on the grass and I got to eat my lunch outside. There were squirrels running around and Mom threw them one of my grapes. They liked them a lot and kept coming closer and closer trying to get more grapes. Mom seemed kind of nervous about it, but I wanted to pet the squirrels. They look like Dynamite with really bushy tails.

After lunch we went home and I gave Dad a rundown of what he missed. Then Mom tucked me in for my nap. When I got up, I played with some playdough and watched Dumbo a few more times. Mom set up a cool tunnel with some chairs and her quilt and Dad and I played under it while Mom made dinner. We also got to talk to NahNah, PaPa and Uncle Jim in Reno on the computer. Auntie Becky was in the bathtub so I didn't get to say hi to her. I impressed everyone with all the songs I can sing and also by counting to 10. It's really not that hard, I don't know what all the fuss was about.

After dinner, Mom took me upstairs and let me sit on the potty and then I got to take a nice long bubble bath. Dad came in and helped me get my jammies in and then I pushed him out the door so Mom could read me some stories, sing me some songs and tuck me in for the night.

Grrrl day sure was fun - and I got some Dad time too, so it really ruled.

No comments: