Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Things That I See

Sorry I didn't post yesterday but I want to say:

Happy Veteran's Day!

Did you know that it used to be called Armistice Day? and that the war ended at the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month? Crazy.

I was thinking yesterday on the drive home how I'm getting used to living in this city. I'm also getting pretty used to the stretch of Burbank Blvd between the 170 and Balboa and there's a couple of things that I really look forward to seeing:

1. The little hump right before Van Nuys Blvd that if we hit just right it feels like we're floating.
2. The panda bear at the Panda Express. I love saying hi and telling him that I'll see him tomorrow.
3. The guy selling flowers at the corner of Sepulveda. I'm sad when he has the night off (although I'm sure he loves his nights off.)

Anyway, just random things that I see as we drive home every night. I guess as time goes by I'll realize there's more and more to see. But for now, I like these things.

I also wanted to let you know that tomorrow is this big Earthquake Preparedness event that I've been practicing for. At school we've been playing "Bunny In The Hole" which is really just a game to get me used to hiding under a table, tucking my legs in and covering my head and neck with my arms in case of earthquake. I'm not so good at keeping my legs tucked in but I am really good at keeping my head down. My dad told me that tomorrow at 10am he'll be playing "Bunny In The Hole" in his office just like me (and lots of other people) and that made me feel better. I know it's not a game but I'm going to try to have fun just the same.

It's late and I did a lot of painting today and it's all over me so I gotta get in the bath. I hope there's bubbles!

No comments: