Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Countdown to Turkey

Well, I guess writing every day is tougher than I thought. I missed Monday, but I think I can catch you up. Mom woke me up and I wasn't all that interested in getting dressed, but she promised I could have mush with a birthday candle, so I agreed to stop squirming. She kept her word and Mom and Dad sang happy birthday to me and I blew out the candle and then ate my mush. Then Dad took me to school. It was a pretty good day for a Monday. We talked about what we are thankful for and I said I was thankful for my friends. I like all of my friends.

After school, Dad picked me up and we headed home. To my surprise, Mom was home already when we got there and she had already got dinner ready. PIZZA PIE. I got to eat a piece all my own and it had pepperoni on it. I also ate lots of tomato and salad. Bed time wasn't as yummy as dinner. I didn't want to go to bed (who would? I have lots of fun when I am awake). Mom tried to get me calmed down and I kept asking for Dad. Then Dad came in and I asked for Mom. Pretty soon I was just yelling and screaming and saying all kinds of nutty things. Dad calls it being "contrary." Eventually I think Mom and Dad had enough and they just put me in my crib, said goodnight and walked out leaving me alone to work out my angst. It took a few minutes, but I finally put my tears away and fell asleep.

This morning, though, I think I had some residual grump in me. I did NOT want to get dressed. Dad had to take over and get my pants on. Then I went downstairs and Mom made me mush with a birthday candle again. It's funny, no matter how much of a fit I pitch, Mom and Dad still do nice things for me. That must be what love is.

At breakfast Mom and Dad told me that we would also be eating lunch together and they were not lying. They showed up along with all the kids' moms and dads and we had a big Thanksgiving feast. I ate Mac & Cheese and mashed potatoes and tomatoes and...PUMPKIN PIE. Oh my goodness, I love me some pumpkin pie. Mom sings me a song about pumpkin pie and I always liked the song, but now I like the real thing too. I can't wait till Thursday. Mom said she's going to make a pumpkin pie for us and we can eat all day and play with I & B.

I don't know what I did to deserve such good fortune, but I sure am thankful for it.

No comments: