Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Time For Long Pants

The weather around these parts has gotten much, much cooler the past few days and I've found myself being dressed in long pants lately. I guess that's a good thing because according to one of my teachers the pants make me look a lot taller. I like trying to dress and undress myself but I seem to to run into a lot of problems and when mom and dad step in to help me it only drives home the point that I can't pull up my own pants and so I get kind of mad. But I'll get the hang of it sooner or later. I'm defiantly working on it at school when it's time to use the potty.

So things have been going pretty well. I like hugging and kissing my teachers and friends at school and mom's been home so things are pretty much back to normal.

Tonight, however, was a little out of the ordinary.

The day went off like usual, I had my banana breakfast, I kissed mom good bye and dad tool me in to school and I saw all my friends and we dug for dinosaurs and I ate my lunch and napped and then in the afternoon I went down the slide like a million times.

And like usual, near the end of the day we went out to the tree house and when we go out to the tree house at the end of the day I know that that's when dad's going to show up. So we were out there and I played with my friends and some other moms and dads showed up and I looked but my dad didn't show up which was weird. Before too long it was time to go back inside. At first I was a little worried but then I remembered that it was the late snack time so I went inside and sat down with my remaining friends and we had a snack of rice krispies cereal.

I got to chowing down and it was good because I got to drink the milk right from the bowl when I was done and when I looked up you know who was there? Dad!

He took me home and like five minutes after we got there guess who showed up - Mom!

It worked out really well.

I had a good dinner, mom took me upstairs and I used the potty (nothing came out but I did sit!) and then I got dressed and brushed my teeth and then dad took my picture and before I knew it I was pushing dad out the door.

Turned out to be a pretty good day.

No comments: