Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's Wednesday And The Weekend Is Here!

That's right. Like the rest of America I have tomorrow of for Thanksgiving and like a certain part of America I have Friday off as well. And don't get me wrong when I say I have the day off. It's not like going to Room 5 is a chore or anything. In fact, it's pretty awesome. But I do get to spend the next four days straight with both mom AND dad and that's pretty rare so I'm pretty excited. Mom told me that tomorrow I get to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on the television and dad tells me that I get to watch the Cowboys on the television and in between the two we'll be doing lots of eating so it looks like at the ripe old age of two I'm getting right in the swing of some pretty serious American traditions.

U.S.A! U.S.A!

Today was a pretty rainy day. And I mean rainy. So rainy in fact that we spent most of the day indoors. We went over to Room 4 (Rooms 4 and 5 are connected, like all the adjoining rooms at the center) and we opened their sliding glass door and just watched the rain pour down. It was amazing. I'd never seen anything like it before in my life. I wanted desperately to run around in the yard but my teachers wouldn't let me. I guess it was for the best because when dad showed up he told me that his pants and shoes were soaked clean through from being out in the rain. It's no fun having soaking wet pants and shoes I can tell you that.

Dad took me home and we were there a little early because dad knocked off work early and since mom wasn't home yet and dad had to change out of his wet clothes we ended up in mom and dad's room where I got to play with THREE pooh bears (apparently mom likes pooh bear. Which is great because I like pooh bear too!) It was super fun. I hugged them and kissed them and tried to hold all three in my arms at once but it was really hard.


When mom got home we went downstairs and I had a nice pot pie dinner (it certainly was pot pie weather) and after dinner mom said that she had to start making pies and that dad was going to have to put me to bed tonight. Now, dad and I have certainly been through the bedtime routine one on one plenty of times before but that was usually when mom wasn't home. But here she was, in the house, and yet I was going to have to snuggle with daddy? I was a little unsure of that but mom said she had to make pies for the big dinner tomorrow and I guess I was okay with that because dad and I went upstairs and I ran around for a little bit but eventually I took my clothes off and we went to the potty and I got into my jammies and brushed my teeth and dad took my picture.

It was still a little early so dad took me back downstairs to say one last good night to mom. For a second I thought mom had a change of heart about putting me to bed because she carried me back upstairs but she told me to push her out the door and I did and then it was just me and dad. We read a couple of books but dad said that when we were done with Where The Wild Things Are that it was going to be lights out and time for singing and star gazing so when we both said, "And it was still hot" I said, "Lights out" and got up and turned the light off while dad got my pillow and blanket out of the crib and laid them on the floor for me. We both lied down and looked up at the stars and he sang along to the songs and I listened and snuggled in and when we got to the end of the song I call "Bees" it was time for bed. I got up, picked up my pillow and blanket and walked over to my crib and dad lifted me in and kissed me good night.

I think tomorrow's going to be a great day!

1 comment:

Kelvis said...

Well, I have to say I am a little jealous that the bedtime went so smoothly for Dad. But, I did make you a pumpkin pie with home made crust that was a bear to roll out. So, while I didn't get to look at the stars with you tonight, you will get to eat some yummy pie tomorrow.