Thursday, November 20, 2008

Routine Rules! (Sort of)

I gotta tell ya, it's nice to have mom back home. Me, mom and dad all under one roof is pretty sweet. The downside is that I'm just a little mixed up on what I'm supposed to do when.

Take this morning for example.

Dad came in to get me up which is no big deal. I had just woken up (and I mean just woken up) so I was still kind of scratching my neck and rubbing my eyes and by the time I was able to focus on him in walked mom. Having mom there was pretty awesome but having them both there might have overloaded my circuits because I decided that I didn't want to get changed out of my jammies and no matter how much they both tried to convince me that it would be okay I wouldn't do it.

The next thing I knew dad and I were on the floor and he was pulling a dress over my head. A striped dress that I like very much but a striped dress that I very much did not want to put on. But dad made me and when that was done he handed me to mom who held me and tried to figure out what was making me so sad and I couldn't really put it into words so we just sat there for a little while and I cried.

I actually felt better after that and mom helped me tuck my babies in and we went downstairs and she made me a smoothie for breakfast and it was really good (mango and banana!) and then I kissed her good bye and dad brought me down to the car and we drove to school.

In Room 5 today we made an apple pie that we got to eat as a snack (I helped peel the apples!) I also danced like a monkey and a snake and a kitty and played in the kitchen area. Tomorrow we're going to make vegetable soup and I have to bring in one vegetable. I'm not sure what vegetable I'm going to bring in just yet but I'll let you know in the next post.

So dad picked me up and it was good to see him and we went home and after a few minutes mom showed up and she made a nice chicken dinner while dad and me watched Elmer The Elephant on TV (apparently it's an animated short on the Dumbo DVD. I like it a lot.)

When dinner was ready I wasn't ready to wash my hands and so I cried but it had to be done and we did it and I ended up sitting at the dinner table with mom and dad and we all ate together and I eventually decided that this was nice. I ate everything up and even asked for more - but mom and dad said that I had had enough and I guess they were right.

Anyway, it's time for bed and I've asked for mom to snuggle me so I'm going to have to push dad out the door. I've kind of taken to sitting with mom in the chair during our song time. I'm not sure why but it might be a nostalgia thing. A kind of remember when. I love snuggling with my mom.

Good night!

No comments: