Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dinosaurs and Winter Coats

The day got off to a really good start. Mom and dad where both here and dad checked the weather report and said that it would be a high of about 80 so I got to wear my pink skirt and pink striped shirt that I like so much.

I had my banana breakfast and dad and I went into school and all my friends were there and during the day I got to ride bikes around the yard and use little shovels to dig for dinosaur bones. I even got to make little Jell-O jigglers shaped like dinosaurs that I ate for my afternoon snack.

When dad showed up it was dark and we were playing red light/green light and when I said good bye to everyone dad told me I had to wear my jacket. But I didn't want to wear my jacket. And I let him know, that's for sure.

I don't really remember much past then but at some point I was in the car and we were driving and we had to take a little detour around the block because some car had crashed into a pole. And while the car accident wasn't fun, the little detour sure was fun. I'd never been down those streets before.

When we got home dad pointed out that I. and B.'s mom D. was there. And I was pretty excited about that. I like her a whole lot and I sure like I. and B. so I was pretty psyched to say hi. When we got up there, though, it was still a little weird to see mom and a friend sitting at the kitchen table talking so I got a little weirded out. But that only lasted a second and before i knew it I was sitting in my seat eating my dinner of meatless meatballs, veggies and applesauce and D. was sitting there right next to me.

After dinner dad had to clean up and mom was on the phone so D. even danced with me and spun me around and picked me up and everything. It was really fun.

I guess mom was on the phone with another friend because after a couple of minutes S. showed and them mom told me that she had to do. She kissed me good night, and she and D. and their new friend all left together and dad told me that it was daddy/daughter night and that he would be snuggling me. I usually prefer mom but dad'll do in a pinch. Fast forward through sitting on the potty, taking a bath, getting my jammies on and brushing my teeth and I'm one tired little girl.

I'm gonna sleep well tonight.

2 comments:

Kelvis said...

Punkin,

Just for future reference, Mommy had backstage passes to see Madonna. So, if you ever think I am not cool, go back and read this post and you will be reminded that your mom isn't so old and boring.

I missed you, though. And I can't wait to see you in the morning.

Monkey Goddess said...

Future Tess Writes: Um... Mom. Madonna is soooooooo last century. I mean, she's older than YOU! She's older than Auntie nana Reenie even. Gawwwh!