Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday Ends in Kisses

Well, friends, today got off to a rocky start. I was all smiles when Mommy came into my room. It's because I was happy to see her. But then I got a little fussy. I didn't want her to take my jammies off or change my diaper or put on my clothes. I kept saying that I wanted to go night night. I guess I was a little nervous about the transition to room 5 at school. My Mommy is like that too, though. Sometimes she wants to stay in her jammies instead of going to work but she told me that you have to face the day. So I did and Mommy was right there with me.

Daddy had to go to a big meeting so Mommy took me to school today. She brought her iPod and I asked her to play the Octopus song over and over and over. Mommy says it's by The Beatles but that they aren't bugs.

School was pretty fun today. I went to room 5 in the morning and sang songs and listened to stories. Then I went back to room 1 and played with the bowling ball soft toys. Did you know that my Mommy and Daddy went bowling on their first date? He he.

I didn't eat my lunch today. It was the meatloaf muffin my Mommy made. She got the recipe from Auntie Lisa who makes them for my cousin Ava. Ava likes the meatloaf muffins a lot, so maybe I'll try them again another day. I just wasn't that hungry today I guess.

In the afternoon I went back to room 5 and had lots of fun. I rode on the wagon, played with the hula hoops, did some art with glue and foam letters and played with wind up toys. My Auntie Nana Reenie likes wind up toys! I also looked at some books and played in the dramatic play area. It was a busy day for sure!

Daddy picked me up this afternoon and we drove home in the car that Mommy usually drives. It was fun. Then he made me some yummy chicken tortellini for dinner and I ate it all up. Yum yum yum.

I am still not sure about this new bedtime routine without my paci. I know I don't need it, but I feel like I'm missing something, so I'm a little wiggly when I am supposed to be snuggling Mommy while she reads my books. Tonight I wiggled around and gave Mommy lots of kisses while she was trying to sing Baby Mine. I know she likes kisses!

Once I get in my bed, I am pretty comfy and I have to say, I don't miss my paci as much as I thought I would.

1 comment:

Monkey Goddess said...

I DO like wind up toys, as does Mr. Edwin. We have lots of them here in our house in Tennessee.

There used to be a shop in L.A. called The Wind-Up Store that sold hundreds of wind-up toys. I used to live right around the corner from it. It was really cool.