Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Today was my second day transitioning to Room 5 and it was a little different. I liked going down there and I liked playing in the sandbox and riding their bikes but when it came time to go inside I wasn't all that interested. Marie kept telling me that it's completely normal to want to go back to Room 1 but she said that I really should give Room 5 a shot. I thought about it and decided to take her advice and went inside and she was right. I had a great time looking at their books and getting to know where every is.

I still ate my lunch (most of my pasta, all of my fruit but I just wasn't in the mood for my veggies) and took my nap (two hours!!!) in Room 1 so I was happy about that. In the afternoon we caught baby crickets that were outside our room next to the little sandbox and we kept them in a small plastic container. When my dad came to pick me up I danced and shouted "Crickets!" until Marie got the box down so I could show him.

It's almost bed time now and I guess I should tell you that there was a slight bump in the road last night. I fell asleep okay but I woke up a few hours later and it was dark and I was worried so I started crying and eventually my mom came in and sat with me for a while until she put me back in my crib. After she left I was still pretty worried even though I knew there was no reason but I couldn't help but cry for a little bit longer. But I was pretty tired and soon I was back asleep. This is my third night without my paci so hopefully it will be easier. I take that back; I know it will be easier.

And in case you were wondering how my nose is healing, look at this:


I look like a happy little clown!

2 comments:

Kelvis said...

I promise to never cut your bangs again. Too bad your Nana isn't around. She was good at cutting hair. She had her own scissors and everything. She cut your Grandpa's hair all the time - he wouldn't let anyone else cut it.

Monkey Goddess said...

I'm the official hair-cutter now. I cut my own bangs about once a week. Although I think I'm going to spring for a professional haircut this weekend. My second "pro-cut" in 3 years. I've been cutting my own.

And I'm happy to see that you don't have your mother's fear of all things bug related.