Monday, September 29, 2008

The Transitions Continue

I know I talk about this an awful lot, but moving down to Room 5 (and giving up my paci) is just about the most important thing in the world. You're going to have to bear with me for the next few weeks until I've got everything sorted out.

As it stands right now, my days starts in Room 1 but right after my morning snack a teacher takes me down to Room 5 where I meet up with my friends A. and J. and B. (I'm not using their names because I didn't ask permission) and we get down to big kid stuff. They have a big sandbox that I like to play in and they also have a big structure that I'm not allowed to play on until I turn 2. They say that on my birthday I'll get to go nuts all over that thing. I can't wait.

Today I ate my first lunch down in Room 5 and it went pretty well. I ate just about everything (mac and cheese, some peas and fruit and then yogurt. Outstanding.) After lunch I went back to Room 1 where the teachers had put the mattress from my crib on the floor and that's where I napped for about an hour. They tell me that when I'm sleeping in Room 5 I'll do it on a mat on the floor so this is all part of getting used to it. I don't mind it. It's kind of like camping.

After nap I went back to Room 5 and we did all kinds of things like dressing up and painting and drawing and then in the late afternoon we went back outside and I knew that this meant the end of the day was close and that meant daddy would be showing up so I started to get a little anxious and when I saw him I started to cry a little but then I was okay and told him that I had fun. Because it's the truth. I did have fun.

We went home and I had a tofu dog and some tomatoes and fruit for dinner (I know it sounds gross but trust me, it's awesome) and then dad took me upstairs and I changed into my pyjamas and brushed my teeth and got my picture taken in front of the door and then we went back into my room and daddy read me The Little Engine That Could and as soon as he was done mommy walked in the door. What a way to end the day; mommy rocking me to sleep.

Good night!

No comments: