Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kicking and Screaming

OK, today is Sunday and I like Sunday because it's day 2 of total Mom and Dad. Today, Dad came in around 8:30am (thank you very much) and got me up. Dad doesn't waste any time when he gets me up. He changed my diaper and got me all dressed in my pretty pink dress. Then he brought me in to wake up Mommy. They trade off on the weekends so someone always gets to sleep in. I snuggled with Mommy for a few minutes and then we went downstairs to have breakfast.

At first, I didn't want to eat, I wanted to dance to the Wiggles. My Auntie Rebecka sent me her little girl Bonnie's old DVD's and on Saturday, Mommy played a song from something called the Wiggles. I LOVED it. I want to dance to the Wiggles all the time. There is an octopus in the song and I love octopuses. Or is it octopi? Anyway, Mommy and Daddy let me dance to the Wiggles while Daddy made me some mush with bananas. Mommy called it oatmeal, but I am pretty sure it's called mush.

After that, we went shopping to buy me some new diapers and a potty so I can pee pee and poopy whenever I want. Mommy also got stuff to make me an octopus costume for Halloween. I sure am glad that my Nana taught my Mommy how to sew so she can make me cool costumes for Halloween. She's gonna sew suction cups on my tentacles and everything. It's gonna be really sweet. I will make sure she takes a picture of me in my costume so I can put it on my blog.

After shopping we went to lunch at my all time favorite restaurant The Stand. It's "our place." Me, Mommy and Daddy go there a lot and I really like it. I had Mac & Cheese and it was yummy. Then we went home and I took a nap.

After my nap there was some confusion. I think I lost one of my shoes. But Mommy and Daddy can't figure out where or when. I kicked them off in the car and now one is just missing. Hmmmm.

We went to a carnival this afternoon but my Mommy said it was "booty" and we left. That was OK with me because I was hot and starting to get tired. From there we went to the grocery store--where I ran around a lot carrying a box of mac & cheese--and then home to eat dinner. I didn't eat much of my dinner tonight. I think I was getting grumpy because I know I have to go to school tomorrow and I am nervous about the transition to room 5. I threw quite a fit during bed time. For the first time ever, Daddy came up while Mommy was trying to put me to bed and she left and he took over. I admit, it wasn't pretty. But eventually I gave up and put my head on Daddy's shoulder and let him rock me in the chair. I cried a little after he left the room, but now I am fine.

I'm sure once I get all settled in my new room at school, I'll settle down at home too.

Oh, in case you are counting, today marked my first full week of sleeping without a paci. Don't tell Mommy and Daddy, but I miss it. I know I don't need it, but I liked it. I know I can live without it, though. I just have to get used to it.

Night night. Sleep tight. Don't let the bedbugs bite. Sweet dreams everyone.

No comments: