Saturday, September 27, 2008

Calabasas Farmers Market

A couple of mornings this past week I've been pretty grumpy so since this was Saturday, mom and dad let me sleep in. And sleep in I did! I don't think mom came in to get me until almost 8:45. I was technically sleeping but I was being quiet and it was nice to just relax for a while and not worry about getting out of bed and getting dressed and blah blah blah. It's been getting on my nerves lately and some times I get it in my head that I don't want to get out my pyjamas and get ready for the day and all of that. But I felt better this morning because no one was rushing me (dad!) and we had no place to be.

Except, after a lovely breakfast of oatmeal and brown sugar, dad called my friends Iggy and Bijou and we decided to drive up and see them and go to the Farmers Market by their house So next thing I know we're packed up and heading up the 101 to Calabasas.

Iggy and Bijou are only about seven months old so they're a little bit younger than me but I do like seeing them. They have all the same cool toys I had when I was their age and it's fun to play with them (even though I'm way too old.)

We all headed over to the Farmers Market and it had to be at least 100 degrees out there and I know my mom put sunscreen on me but I think that I still might have gotten some sun on my face. It feels kind of hot and red. But maybe that's just my nose (which, by the way, it healing nicely. The scabs have fallen of so I should be back to normal any day. Huzzah!) We ate tons o samples of the fruit and when lunch rolled around we bought a Greek lunch of falafal and hummas and salad and bunch of other stuff (dad wanted a tamale so that's what he got. Gross.) and we all walked across the street to this shady little park and ate. Iggy and Bijou are too young to eat regular food so they just kind of watched as the rest of us ate our lunches. When i was done I went exploring and found this tree that I really liked. I hugged it a lot.


There was also a stream with ducks and a fountain but it was getting to be nap time so we said good bye to our friends and went home. I'm still getting used to napping without my pacifier and while I know I don't need it I spend an awful lot of time thinking about it which gets in the way of my actual sleeping. But I'll get used to it and everything will be fine.

After my nap my parents told me it was too hot to go outside so we spent our time drawing and dancing to bluegrass although we did eventually go outside and draw on the driveway with the sidewalk chalk. That was fun. Mom's really good at drawing.

Well, it's almost time for bed. Mom's going to a birthday party so dad's going to be putting me down tonight. I'll see if I can get a couple of extra books and songs out of him!

No comments: