Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Time Flies!

Okay, so a couple of days have gone by in just the blink of an eye. I'll try to catch you up:

After Thanksgiving I still got to have mom and dad home for three more days and we spent our time riding buses and going to the park and then on Sunday we went to Travel Town in Griffith Park where I got to ride a choo choo train and it was super fun. We had to buy tickets and everything. I loved it. After our ride we walked around and looked at the really big trains and then had a picnic. I love that place! I still talk about it.

Once Monday rolled around and the week started it was kind of business as usual which meant mom came in and got me up for school and I was pretty okay because I knew that it was time to find Ellie.

Let me back up for a second and explain who Ellie is.

The day after Thanksgiving my parents brought out a book and a wee little elf and read me a story about how the elf was going to be living with us until Christmas, keeping an eye on things and then every night, while I was sleeping, flying back to the North Pole to tell Santa if I was naughty or nice. This was my personal elf which meant I got to name him so I picked Ellie The Elf and up on the shelf he went. Of course after he got back from the North Pole he would find a new place to sit so every morning I get to run around and try to find him.

So far this week I've been in a pretty good mood because I really like to see where Ellie is sitting. What that means, of course, is that mom's got to get me out of bed and dressed so I've been giving her a lot less grief lately (and, oddly enough, dad isn't in the room much which I think might help the cause. One parent is enough first thing in the morning, please!)

Today is Wednesday and my dad came in this morning to get me (and no mom. Again, one parent at a time, please!) and he dressed me in my jeans and a striped shirt and we went downstairs and I found Ellie hanging on the post of the dresser. That Ellie!

I had a lovely breakfast of mush (oatmeal with a birthday candle stuck in it. I know it's not my birthday but I love blowing the candle out!) and then it was back to Room 5 where I played on the teeter totter and rode a tricycle all by myself and had a great time.

At treehouse time dad came and got me like he does every night and we went home where we found mom waiting for us and she had dinner all set up. I had a nice turkey quesadilla (leftovers!) and some avocado and then we went upstairs and got ready for bed and since I was such a good girl all night we got to go back downstairs and watch my favorite TV show Elmer Elephant, which is really a funny cartoon about an elephant that likes a girl but he's self-conscious about his nose. He saves the day in the end and I love it.

Well, I'll try to not let so much time pass before my next post.

Good night!

No comments: