Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Every other day of the week is fine

That's a song I heard my Mom sing and it seemed to apply here. Blogging every day is tough especially in this Christmas season. So much is going on. My new bedtime routine includes saying goodnight to Ellie the Elf, the Angel on top of the tree and the Baby Jesus in my Nativity set. Plus I have to sit on the potty, brush my teeth, pet Dynamite, read 3 stories and listen to 3 songs while looking at my Christmas tree lights and the stars. That's a lot to do. Add writing a blog to that and a girl can't get to sleep by 8pm. So, forgive me if I miss a day or 2 now and then.

Yesterday, since Mom's back was hurting, Dad let her sleep in and he got me up and dressed for school. That meant we were a little late getting started and late getting downstairs so that meant less time to eat breakfast. Sooooo, Dad made me a waffle to take in the car. Mom got up in time to help me get my shoes on and kiss me and Dad bye bye for the day. It was a pretty good day. My friend had a birthday and she gave us all presents. She gave me a book about getting ready for bed. Mom said it was a good book when she read it to me last night.

Mom's back was feeling better today and she got me up and ready for school. It was a really fun day. We read a story about how Santa picked the color of his suit and I knew all the colors he had to choose from. (You know he chose red, right?) Speaking of red, one of my teachers did something really cool today. She painted my nose red so I looked like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Mom and Dad were really nice and let me keep my nose red tonight when I got ready for bed! I hope it's still red in the morning. I'll let you know.

No comments: