Monday, December 29, 2008

Pipe Down, Rub-a-Dub!

Yeah, that's right, you heard me. Pipe down!

I know it's been like two weeks since I've posted anything but give me a break. I was totally caught up in the Christmas season and was so busy having a good time and talking to Ellie and listening to my Nativity story that I just couldn't find a second to fill you all in. Lots of great stuff happened but let's cut right to Christmas Eve:

Twas the night before Christmas and as I was saying my good nights to Ellie mom and dad told me that this was the night that Santa was coming with his presents and when he left he'd be taking Ellie with him back to the North Pole. And what that meant was that I wasn't going to see my little Elf friend in the morning and that kind of made me sad. But mom assured me that Ellie would be back next year and this time apart only made our time together all the more special. So I said a loving good night to Ellie and went to bed.

When I woke up it was CHRISTMAS! As soon as I was dressed and out my bedroom door I saw that Santa had indeed showed up last night because I had gifts in my stocking. It was some cool sidewalk chalk and crayons that I liked a whole lot; but the best was yet to come.

When I got downstairs I saw a new BIKE and a new PAINTING EASEL!


I couldn't believe it. I was so happy. There was a bunch of other great stuff like a Noah's Ark Little People playset and some fun clothes and an awesome TuTu (hand made by mom!) I loved it all so much I had to put on my TuTu and ride my bike around the living room.

I also got a framed picture of Ellie which I like an awful lot. Ellie might not be here in person every morning but I like to have breakfast with his picture. I'll see him again before I know it.

The next couple of days mom and dad were both home which was great. We took my new bike to the park but it was pretty cold so we had to leave and I had my ups and downs but it sure was fun for just the three of us to hang out together.

Today I went back to Room 5 and it was good to see all my friends again. I even got to use my new ladybug lunchbox that I got for Christmas.

All in all, a lot has been going on which is fun but it's also kind of nice to be back into my routine. At least until Wednesday which, as I've been told, is New Year's Eve.

Let the count down begin!

No comments: