Monday, December 8, 2008

Bikes, Sleighs and Taquitos

That pretty much sums it up.

Saturday got off to a pretty good start because mom got up early and made that granola cereal that dad likes so well (apparently NaNa makes it too. I guess that's where mom got the recipie.) So when I got up I had a couple of choices for breakfast; mush, banana, waffle or cereal. As a two year old, if you give me too many options my reaction will be one of two things - going nuts or just chosing what I always choose. This morning I decided to spare mom and dad the 'too many choices melt down' and just said "Mush!" because that's what I've been eating lately.

Mom got to work boiling the water for the mush but when I saw the big ol' bowl of granola cereal that dad was starting to chow down on I knew THAT was what I wanted.

"Dat, dat!" I yelled, pointing frantically at dad and the sports page.

Mom must have figured this was going to happen because she brought a bowl right over to me and poured milk in it and gave me a spoon and it was so good I made her scrape the sides of the bowl for the very last scoop.

Good eating, that granola.

After that breakfast I was pretty much up for anything so we took a bike ride down to the park where I got to go down the slides and play on the teeter totter and generally run around like a maniac.

Ooops, after I first posted this, Mom reminded me of something ELSE that happened on Saturday. I don't know how I could forget this. After my nap, I got up and Dad said there was a surprise for me downstairs. This Christmas season seems to be full of surprises. This time I found a super cool bunch of Little People set up on the table by the door. It looks like a little barn with hay on the roof and on top of the hay there is an angel. Mom told me it is a Nativity scene. Dad says this is what Christmas is all about. I'm not sure I totally understand it yet, but I sure like to kiss the baby Jesus and his mommy Mary.

It was a super fun day. But I had no idea how much fun Sunday was going to be.

Right after breakfast mom got me dressed and we went over to S. and J.'s house where baby J. was and right after I was done saying my hellos and giving out my hugs, mom's old friend K. from New Jersey and his sons M. and J. and their mommy show up. Next thing I know I'm eating a brunch and pushing toy cars around and being chased by M. who wants nothing more than to put my hood on my head or lean against me or run around with me. And it was super fun. I love it over there. There's always something to do.

But someone was missing from this little party. My good friend L. We had to go home for nap and mom promised that when I woke up we would go over to L's house and see him and his parents (whom I also like very much.)

So I went to sleep and when I woke up that's EXACTLY WHAT WE DID. Amazing! And this was a special night because S. and J. and baby J. showed up and we all walked over to Ventura Blvd where there was going to be a Christmas parade! It was raining but I didn't care. Mom was pushing me in my stroller and dad had a giant umbrella so everything was just fine.

As we walked down Ventura we all seemed to remember that none of us had had our dinners yet so we went into a place called Mexicali for something to eat. I, of course, ordered the taquitos while mom and dad got something off the adult menu. It was super fun because there were lots of kids my age there and the music was loud and I got to dance and it was warm and I had all the chips and salsa I could eat right within reach.

The best part? The parade went right past the window so I got to see the fire trucks and everything without having to stand in the rain. Awesome.

After dinner we all walked back to L. and C.'s place where I got the play with Matchbox cars and watch a train go around L.'s Christmas tree and generally stay up WAY past my bedtime. I don't think I was asleep before 9:00.

That was okay, though, because this morning mom let me sleep in. Dad was long gone by the time I got up and mom dressed me and brought me into Room 5 where I had birthday cake and did foot painting all kinds of other crazy stuff. The weekend was pretty good but I sure am glad to be back at school, too. I sure do like it there.

Oh, and the big Winter Festival is this Friday. I'll make sure to let you know how it goes.

No comments: