Friday, July 10, 2009

A Girl Named CallaLilly

So, you know I have been making some progress in the poop arena lately. My Dad thinks it is because I am getting bigger and that I am growing up, but I have a secret to tell you. It's not that at all. It's because I want to be just like this girl named CallaLilly.

A couple days ago, while I was sitting on the potty, my mom told me a story that goes a little something like this:

Once upon a time there was a little girl named CallaLilly and she loved to hula hoop. One day she was outside and she was hula hooping and hula hooping and hula hooping when all of a sudden she felt a "knock knock knock" on her belly.

"Hm," said CallaLilly. "I think that might be my body telling me I have to go poopy. But I don't want to stop hula hooping."

So, she didn't. She ignored the "knock knock knocking" and kept right on hula hooping. Then, all of a sudden, you know what happened? SHE POOPIED IN HER PANTS.

Oh, no. These were CallaLilly's favorite princess underpants and now they were ruined. She started to cry and her mom came out and said, "well, CallaLilly, I am sorry we have to throw away your favorite princess underpants, and I am sorry, but it looks like we are done hula hooping for today. We need to get you inside and get you all cleaned up. It's going to take a while, so there won't be any time left for hula hooping."

CallaLilly was very sad. She was having so much fun, it was like a party. And now the party was over.

That's when her mom said, "Next time you should listen to your body, put your poopy in the potty and then you can go back to your hula hoop party."

The next day was a sunny day and CallaLilly couldn't wait to get outside and start her hula hooping party. She jumped out of bed, put on her last pair of princess underpants and her favorite pink tutu, and she ran out the door to get her hula hoop. There she stood in the yard, hula hooping and hula hooping and hula hooping, when all of a sudden she sudden she felt a "knock knock knock" on her belly.

"Hm," said CallaLilly. "I think that might be my body telling me I have to go poopy." Now, CallaLilly didn't really want to stop hula hooping, but she remembered what her mommy said. "If you listen to your body and put your poopy in the potty then you can go back to your hula hooping party." And that is just what she did.

CallaLilly dropped her hula hoop and ran into the house and into the bathroom. She took off her favorite pink tutu and her last pair of princess underpants and sat down on the potty just in time for KERPLUNK. Her poopy landed right in the toilet. No fuss and, more importantly, no mess. Her mom came in and helped her get wiped off. Then CallaLilly washed her hands, put on her last pair of princess underpants and her favorite pink tutu and ran outside where she spent the rest of the day hula hooping and hula hooping and hula hooping and hula hooping and hula hooping and hula hooping and hula hooping and hula hooping and hula hooping...

THE END

No comments: