Monday, July 6, 2009

2 For 2 (for #2)

Maybe I'm obsessing but I think this is important. Two critical things:

1. I pooped in the toilet yesterday.
2. I pooed in the toilet today.

Holy Cow, right? That's two days in a row that I didn't poop in my underwear but rather, taking the subtle cues from deep within my body, knew that it was time to sit on the toilet and put my poops there. I think I might actually be starting to get the hang of this.

Just to give you the low down on how both miraculous poops went down (and out!):

Yesterday mom worked like a Japanese beaver to give me a good day. She got up early, she made me breakfast in bed (french fried toast sticks!) and then did the same for dad because he was being a lazy bones and was still in bed by the time mom and I were done eating our breakfast in my bed. We brought him his french fried toast sticks and while he and I ate them in his bed (which, I guess, counted as my second breakfast in bed for the day) mom went to clean up and use the computer and found this really great beach called Mother's Beach and so we grabbed our gear and headed out.

I had a super-fantastic time and then went home and had my lunch and took my nap. When I woke up my mom and dad never got around to putting pants back on me and after a little while I felt that ol' familiar knocking at the back door so I ran past my dad, who was playing with me at the time, shouted "I've got to poop!" and got right up on the toilet and pushed my poop out. Mom and dad where so thrilled that I got to eat the sucker that mom promised me on our trip to Disneyland not too long ago and the three of us retired to the porch and I ate my snack.

It was the sweetest treat I'd ever eaten.

So today it was back to business as usual, getting up, having my juice, going to school and all of that. I think I might have been a little out of sorts because I didn't take a nap today at all. I might have still been all worked up over the long weekend and the poop in the toilet and sucker and all of that but other than not napping the day went really well. It was mom's yoga night so that meant dad was in charge of getting me to bed so after I pushed mom out the door after dinner dad and I went upstairs. He got changed out of his work clothes and put his bag in his office and then we went into the bathroom where he said it was time to get the bath going. And then there it was; my body telling me that it was time to poop so I announced, "I gotta poop," pulled my underpants down, sat on the toilet and let it rip.

It was awesome.

Dad smiled and cheered and sang and I asked for a sucker but dad reminded me that the sucker was a special one time treat and I don't get one every time I poop in the toilet. But he did say he was proud of me and happy and that was good enough. And he let me have bubbles in my bath so that was fun too.

I gotta tell you - pooping in the toilet is way better than pooping in my underpants. I just wonder how long I can keep this up. Hopefully forever but I'm going to take it one day at a time for now.

No comments: