Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sleepless

I've been having a little trouble going to bed the past few nights. The routine is pretty much the same. I eat dinner, go upstairs and get my clothes off, go sit on the potty, wash my hands, brush my teeth, get my nighttime diaper on, get my jammies on, Dad reads me 3 books then it's lights out and snuggle in the chair with Mom for some songs. All that goes fine. But when it's time for Mom to put me in my crib and say "goodnight I love you" I get really sad. I cry and scream and hold on to her so hard that she can't put me in my crib. Last night, when I wouldn't get in my crib, Mom put some blankets and my pillow on the floor and laid down there with me. I calmed down and almost fell asleep. But when she put me in my crib I got upset again. After a few minutes of crying for her to come back, Dad came in. He snuggled me in the chair and I cried and cried and cried. It was the hard kind of crying where it seems like you will never catch your breath. He got me calmed down and put me in bed with the promise that he would come back in 5 minutes. He kept his promise. I laid there quietly for 5 minutes with my hands behind my head. When he came back in he wasn't sure if I was asleep. He whispered, "are you ok?" I nodded. I wasn't REALLY ok, but I was comforted that Dad really came back. He promised to come back in 10 minutes. But the next thing I knew, it was morning and Mom came in to get me dressed.

I am gonna do my best to stay calm tonight, but I have to be honest. Snuggling in the chair with Mom is way better than laying in my crib.

No comments: