Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nap? Who Needs a Stinking Nap?

I think that I might be having a little bit of difficulty get back into the swing of things, what with Christmas and New Years and MLK day all being back to back to back.

For example:

This morning I slept in which meant I had to take my waffle and ice water in the car with me so I could get to Room 5 on time and not make dad late for work. And it was a pretty good day, I played with my friends and built this pretty kick-a** tower that I showed my teachers but for some reason I just didn't want to nap. I laid there and I even closed my eyes but I just couldn't sleep. I don't know if I was excited about something but the sleepiness just never made its way to my eyes.

On the way home I started to feel it, though. Dad put on my favorite Alison Kraus playslist and I just sat there and listened and I just started to nod off when we got home which meant it was time for dinner. That kind of screwed things up because I was ready to sleep but first I had to eat and so I got pretty cranky when we got into the living room. But mom knows how to calm the situation and she took me outside to look at the squirrels but they were all asleep but that didn't matter because now I was feeling okay again.

I had my dinner of whole grain pasta and chicken and then went upstairs and undressed myself and sat on the potty (sorry, just a little pee. No poops!) and then got in the tub and took my bath.

Before I knew it, dad was reading me my books, mom was singing my songs and it was time for bed.

Not a moment too soon!

No comments: