Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ought Nine = Ougt Fun

So far I have very few, if any, complaints about this new year. Friday, I got to sleep in and have breakfast with Mom. Then she took me to school and played with me in the kitchen area for a little while before I pushed her out the door so she could go pick up her new glasses. Right after I woke up from my nap (which was a victory in itself as I haven't been feeling much like napping at school of late) my Dad showed up to take me home early. Bravo, pops. We got home to find Mom finishing up a skirt she was making for my friend M's birthday. Then, we all piled in the car and headed up to have pizza with I&B and their mom and dad J&D. I got to play with all the babies' new Christmas toys and J played me a lullaby on the xylophone that didn't make me cry this time. I think it's because he was wearing stripes like me. Stripes are the best pattern, you know.

Today was Saturday and I was pretty excited because I was invited to a birthday party at M's house. She's my friend from school and it's neat to see my school friends in their real houses. Her house was real pretty and my mom said she was jealous and wished we lived in a house like that. I wish we lived in a house like the one that was in the backyard. It was a BOUNCE HOUSE. Now, I have seen a bounce house before at L's party, but it was full of big boys and I was too nervous to really enjoy it. Not today, though. I got right in their and bounced and bounced and bounced. It was great. Plus, all of my school friends were there and even some of my teachers. It was like being in room 5 but in a really nice bungalow in Pasadena. After eating some super tasty hummus, pizza and cake, mom and dad dragged me out of there to go home and take a nap. I admit, I was pretty wiped out from all the bouncing, but I still didn't want to leave. After my nap (and a big melt down about Dad changing my diaper) I went down and sat on mom's lap and watched the Elvis '68 Comeback Special. Then, I went into Mom's office where Dad was watching football and he gave me some cool gloves to wear. I kept walking back and forth between the two rooms so I could see both mom and dad and it was fun. For dinner tonight, we had Chinese food. I am not sure if I LOVED it, but I ate it. I am reserving judgment on it for now. I'll let you know.

So, after this long and fun day, I am off to bed. My voice is a little horse and mom said she would put my frog humidifier in my room and rub some medicine on my chest. I like when mom puts medicine on my chest, it makes me sleep all soundly.

Good night.

No comments: