Monday, January 19, 2009

Milestones

***WARNING***
This post contains graphic pictures and descriptions of bodily functions that may only seem adorable to parents of toddlers or toddlers themselves.

OK OK OK. I know I am supposed to write everyday - thus the title "A Day in Her Life." But, come on, have you ever been a 2 1/4 year old? I mean, stuff happens. Lots of stuff happens and, well, I get busy and priorities are made, and well, all I can say is I will try to do better.

Speaking of stuff happening, it has. Oh, indeed stuff has happened.

First. I love to swing. I didn't always love it. In fact, I used to kind of hate it. But last week we were at the park and something came over me and I asked my mom to push me on the swing. She looked at me as if I asked her to give me a shot or a spoonful of caster oil. (I don't actually know what caster oil is, but my mom said the analogy would make sense to some of my readers.) Anywho, she obliged and picked me up and put me in the swing. There I was, sitting in this funny little rubber seat overlooking Lake Balboa and suddenly I was flying. It was the greatest thrill. So great that I wouldn't let Mom and Dad stop pushing me for almost, well, a really long time. They finally had to take me out of the swing to let some other kid have a turn. It was OK, though, because there were a bunch more swings on the other side of the playground and I got to swing a bunch more there. Since then, I have swung and swung and swung every chance I got. Including today when Mom and Dad took me out to Venice Beach. This is me flying through the air and, as you can see, I am really good at it.




Now, the swing isn't the only new seat I have mastered. Nope, I've been sitting on potty seat too. Now, you may recall that I wrote about the first time I peed in the potty back in December. Well that was last year! It's 2009, boys and girls and let me just say that the stuff hit the water today. Oh yes, I did it. I was just sitting there and all of a sudden...BAM...it just came right out bang zoom. I screamed to my Mom that "I did it!" She thought I meant that I went number 1, but I kept pointing to the potty and finally she looked. She screamed, she high fived me, and then she called Dad and told him to bring the camera. For your viewing pleasure, I give you my number one NUMBER TWO!

First I pooped.

Then I flushed.

Then I used the toilet brush because that's what my Dad does.
Then I washed my hands.

After that, I took a nap.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sheesh, someone empty that garbage already!

Oh, and great job Tess!